Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Don't Get around much anymore......

Well, actually I'm just back from a trip to London and Paris, but I haven't visited this blog for almost a year.  While it's named Daily Diva I just don't have it in me to do daily posts. I have so much I'd love to share about my trip and the sights and sounds from it, but I'll have to see what flows out of me. Right now I thought I'd try and do a bit of bullet writing updates...seems to work best for me, so here goes:
  • OK, even though I haven't watched hockey faithfully in forever, I'm all over the playoffs and now have Tums by my side for the Stanley Cup finals. I love Patrice Bergeron (since he came over-eww that reeks of Cougar-sorry Patrice, I'll make you Chocolate Chip cookies.) I also love Tuukka Rask, I've never seen a goalie seem so nonchalant in his net, seriously.....
  • I saw Muse in April and realized that for someone who doesn't break the law I would break any and all laws (even the 2nd (Muse joke-haha)) to have Matt Bellamy-can't help it, love the wee one.
  • Going to see Bruno Mars. Like his voice, don't have to see him live, by best friend since 7th grade really is excited so I'm going with her, hope I don' t lay out any 15 year olds rushing the stage since I'm sitting on the floor (god, where are my Lodge seats when I need them)
  • Go see Star Trek: Into Darkness. I'm not a bona fide Trekkie, but I thought this was one humdinger of a summer movie. And Benedict Cumberbatch is magnificent as the villain. Good lord, that voice, makes me melt every time. If they could bottle that voice, well let me tell you...wowza!
  • Red Sox this year....zzzzz.......what?....where? who?  When's pre season start for the Patriots....speaking of The New England Patriots....
  • Oops, I'm boycotting Pats games due to treatment of Wee Wes Welker...I'm bitter....
  • Big Ben is really Big. My first reaction on seeing along with the Houses of Parliament, nope they're fake, it's a movie set, really....
  • I guarantee I may be only a handful of people who literally squealed with delight when gazing upon Traitor's Gate at the Tower of London. Yes, I actually squealed as I clapped my hands together like a 5 year old seeing her Dora the Explorer Birthday cake for the first time.
  • Joss Whedon had indicated that Tom Hiddleston will not be back as Loki in The Avengers 2. A pox on you Joss Whedon, I don't care if it's not realistic to have Loki as the villain every time. You make it work-seriously. Oh and last few years of Buffy, BORING....so there...oh and Firefly, didn't get, see Farscape, much better....sorry......

No comments:

Post a Comment