Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Paranoia can Destroy ya.....


This is my first blog for 2012, and I admit it's been hard to get back to the point of blogging. I decided at best, I can blog every now and then maybe twitter like length entries. The entire full length (whatever that means" blog is just not for me (well at least right now). So what will I write about? Something profound? Nope, just Football. Yes, here it is again, I find myself freaking out because the Patriots are in the playoffs. If they weren't in the playoffs I'd be sad, angry, frustrated. Now that they're in the playoffs I'm sad (oh my god what if they lose), frustrated (oh my god what if they lose to Baltimore.Ray Lewis the murderer can't get back to the Super Bowl), and angry (GDit, everyone is picking Baltimore to win!). I can't get happy and just enjoy the ride because I care too much. Why do I care? I don't know these guys personally, I've never even been to a live football game (though I have toured Gillette a number of times taking Football 101 for three years in a row). Well I guess I just have to say it's a feeling that these are my boys. I know I share them with all of New England and other fans throughout the country and abroad, but for whatever reason, this particular team, just like the Sox of '03 (I know they lost AHHHHHH) feel like mine. From "turf toe Law firm" Benjarvis Green Ellis to Rob "why the hell is he wearing Vrabel's #, and what the hell does he look like?" Ninkovich these players mean something to me. Mickey Mouse hands Gronk "GRONK LIKE Football", Chad "I've only five catches for the entire season" Ochocinco, Wes "crazy eyed" Welker and of course Tom "They will miss me when I'm gone cause I'm so awesome" Brady, they're my boys. I want to make chocolate chip cookies for all of them. I hope they do well, and if they don't I am going to be bitter and sad, and maybe even cry. I admit tears were shed in the '07 team lost in the Super Bowl (I still cannot watch any clip or view any photo of that damn helmet catch). Ahh... So while normal people go about their business this weekend, on Sunday, if you're not doing anything say a wee prayer for the Pats and for me to make it through the game in good spirits and on the winning side!!!

1 comment:

  1. You know, I watched that game and thought of you the WHOLE TIME. And every time Gronk was on the screen I felt I knew he was called Gronk because of you! I know that game was harrowing (I thought my brother's blood pressure was going to go through the roof!), but I hope you're able to enjoy the Super Bowl even a little bit. I suspect I'll watch some it at least (while I'm visiting with a friend's parents in Maine) and I know I'll think of you while I do. God, I hope they win. For your sake, not theirs. But even if they don't, it's great they have such dedicated followers/fan/cookie bakers along for the ride. (And I had no idea you'd never seen a game. Maybe that should be a resolution for 2012. And maybe see an early one so the pressure won't cause you undue pain!)

    I love your posts, Stephanie. I know, I catch them late, but I do love reading them.

    In blogs we trust!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete